Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I have read the Submission Instructions under the Announcements page of the UTA Stimulus website. In doing so, I have reviewed the Submission Criteria for Stimulus Volume II and will use the Submission Instructions as a reference to correctly complete the following form.
- This submission has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted to another journal for consideration. If this statement is not true about my submission, I will provide further information in the Comments to the Editor section below.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format. For Visual the file is a JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, or TIFF. For other media the file is .MP4, .MOV, or .WMV.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Any text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic, bibliographic, size, and or resolution requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines -- Submission Criteria.
- In the "Comments For The Editor" field, please answer ALL 5 of the following questions/prompts. Submissions that do not address EACH prompt will not be considered: 1. State if you are a UTA Student, Faculty, or Alumni. Please also specify any involvement with the Medical Humanities program at UTA-- such as being a Mavericks for Medical Humanities member, or part of the Medical Humanities Minor or Certificate programs. If you are not a UTA affiliate, please write "Community Creator" as well as your current affiliation. 2. Please specify whether you are an Individual Creator, Creative Director, or Creative Collaborator (see "types of creators" under the "submissions" section of our website for details) and cite other collaborators by stating their names as necessary. 3. Please state which category of submission your submission falls into (see "detailed submission criteria" under the "submissions" section of our website for details). If your submission has previously been published, please add details here. 4. If your submission is a physical art form, would you like to be considered for the cover art position for this edition's cover? If this does not apply, please write N/A. 5. Please submit your creator biography for this submission. Creator biographies should give a brief (1 paragraph or 200 words) background. This is a unique opportunity for our audience to see the meaning and inspiration for your piece-- creator name, affiliation to UTA, and other information provided will automatically be included so these things may be left out of the biography. Biographies should be written in the first person. Although this should be a professional portrayal of you as the artist, feel free to let your personality and passion shine through! Biographies may include, but are not limited to the following suggestions: - Who you are: your position relative to UTA and any other details you wish to share about your past, present, and future! - What your work means to you - The method you use for your art form and the reason for choosing a particular medium - The inspiration behind the piece For Creative Collaborations, each member of the group has the option of submitting their own biography (please submit all remaining biographies and creator photos with names to our email, firstname.lastname@example.org). For creative directors and creative collaborators who wish to submit one biography should be submitted on behalf of the group, please incorporate the names of every person within the group. If you have any questions about the above prompts and directions, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International. The copyright of all content published in Stimulus is retained by the authors.
This copyright agreement and use license ensures that you can:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms below:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommerical — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.